Menu creation and customization
In this lesson, you will learn how to create a menu in OkayCMS and how to add a page to the menu, we will learn and step by step how to create a menu and how to add a second tab in the site header (drop-down submenu) in OkayCMS. Menu creation in OkayCMS
1. First you need to go to the admin panel in Pages
2. Now you need to create a menu, for this click on "Add menu"
In the text fields, enter:
-name for the OkayCMS menu
- ID-menu - a unique identifier of a variable to be inserted into the code
- Toggle the activity of the menu group
4. The menu has been created. Now you need to add the pages you need, arbitrary links, categories, etc. in the OkayCMS menu.
To do this, select click "Add menu items"
After that we can set the following parameters of the menu item:
- The name of the menu item;
- Link URL;
- Open in a new tab (adds target = "_ blank" attribute);
- Add a submenu item;
- Delete item.
After you have added the desired pages, arbitrary links, categories and in the menu, click "Apply".
5. In order for the created menu to be displayed on the OkayCMS website, you need to insert the "Variable to insert" (for example: /html/index.tpl folder
You can also edit the code through Template Files:
That's all! As you can see, in just a few steps, you can easily create a new menu in OkayCMS.
The order of placing the menu in OkayCMS
In order to change the order of items in the menu, you need to hold down the item we need with the left mouse button and drag it higher or lower. Click “Apply” to save the changes.
Creating a dropdown menu in OkayCMS
In order to make a drop-down submenu, you need to click “+” with the left mouse button on the item we need from which our submenu will drop out.
If you have any questions about creating a menu, ask them in the comments.